Sunday, June 29, 2008

Airshow!!


When I was a little kid I went to a lot of airshows with my dad. I don't remember my brother or sister sharing my enthusiasm, but my dad and I loved them. I was really excited to get the chance to take Aidan and Dylan to one today. Dylan thought they were too loud at first, then didn't seem to care. We went inside a couple "big planes" like the C-17 pictured. They wanted to see the big ones fly but had to settle with only the "baby planes". The weather cut short our day and made for some interesting sights to be sure. Seems a microburst hit us an hour before the Blue Angels were to perform and we had to hide under an F-15 wing!! Very exciting!!


P.S. Yes..... Aidan had to pee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time! I've never been to an air show, except for once and it started storming as soon as we got there and the show was cancelled. My dad and brother went all the time. My brother ended up working in an airport!

Anonymous said...

Hi to my four babes, I,too went to air shows when I was a child, they used to have them at a place called Walnut Gardens close to Indianapolis. That was back in the late l920's when "bi-planes" as they were called were flying. They used to have "wing walkers",that was scary. Ruth Elder was a pilot then too! We really enjoyed them. That storm that hit near Huntsville was very bad, said on TV a little five-year boy was killed when a generator fell on him. We have so many storms this spring and lots of rain. Hope you all are staying safe. Love always, Grandma/Gr-grandma Robinson